Genealogy Seekers - Research a Veteran
This program will be held in a hybrid format with both virtual and in-person options.
All the records DID NOT burn. Answers can be found and stories written no matter what anyone tells you. There is a strategy to correctly research 20th century military service, regardless of branch. In this session you will learn:
- Where to begin your research at home.
- What questions to ask.
- The first part of the research strategy to learn any veteran's story from any 20th century war and and military branch.
- What records you need to establish the foundation and where to locate them.
- How to create a timeline of service.
- How to begin writing the story.
Using storytelling along with the records, Jennifer Holik will help you understand the deeper impacts of service. You might want a tissue for the story at the end of this session.
The Library makes every effort to ensure our programs can be enjoyed by all. If you have any concerns about accessibility or need to request specific accommodations, please contact the Library.
Notice: Attending programs constitutes consent to be photographed/videotaped for library purposes.